Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Free Criminal Defense Information


As a criminal defense attorney, I field questions about Criminal Defense and DWI law everyday from clients, other lawyers, friends, family and tire kickers looking for free legal information.

The law in this country is weird.  On the one hand, if the law exists on the books, you as a citizen are deemed to have notice of that law and are required not to break it.  But if that is true, why do people like myself need to spend 3 years and hundreds of thousands of dollars just to understand and correctly apply it?  Have you ever tried to read a statute? It's like a different language.  Even worse, ever tried to buy the book in which the statutes are written? Unless you've taken out a second mortgage, probably not.

If the law expects every day people to just know it, then I believe it should be accessible.  With this blog, I will do what many in this profession think to be unforgivable - give away legal knowledge.*  Lawyers don't own the law, the people do.  So, when I come across a topic relevant to criminal defense that I feel may be of interest to the people, I will give my two cents on it here.  For everyone to see.
*Keep in mind, while the content I provide here is meant to be informative, no criminal defense blog can substitute talking to a real criminal defense attorney about your specific case.